Spousal Support Attorneys Christina LaPointe and Tanya Ellis
There are two types of Spousal Support Orders in California. The first is a “Temporary” spousal support Order that lasts while a Divorce case is pending. The second is a “Permanent” spousal support Order that is awarded after a Divorce has been finalized. If you are going through a Divorce, or if you are already paying or receiving spousal support and you want to see if you can modify the terms, call us today (530) 898-1111 for a free consultation with one of our experienced Spousal Support Attorneys to discuss your situation.
For couples facing Divorce or Legal Separation one of the most important questions is how much one side is going to have to pay to the other in spousal support. Our skilled Spousal Support Attorneys can answer this question. In addition, they will fight to make sure that you get the best possible outcome in your case. Judges will consider the following factors when deciding how much to award in support from one side to the other:
• The respective income of the parties
• The age and health of the parties
• The marital standard of living
• Marketable skills of the spouse or partner getting support
• The job market for those skills
• The time and expense the spouse getting support needs to get education, training, or a job
• The extent that the earning capacity (the ability to earn income) of the spouse who gets support was impaired by periods of unemployment during the marriage, when he or she was devoted to domestic duties
• Presence of Domestic Violence in the marriage
• Tax Consequences
Our experienced Spousal Support Attorneys have litigated and settled a variety of spousal support cases. In addition, they have effectively represented both the party paying support, as well as the party requesting support. If you are considering a Divorce or a Legal Separation call us today (530) 898-1111 to schedule a free consultation with one of our experienced Family Law Attorneys to discuss your situation. Our Lawyers have the skill, knowledge, and experience to get the best result in your case.